Flaktest for families.
What is Flaktest?
Flaktest is a Youth Esports organisation that provides safe, accessible and fun Youth Esports Clubs and competitions. Flaktest is designed to ensure that children and young people have the best opportunity to succeed in esports while having fun, making friends and learning exciting new skills.
Flaktest esports is available in two forms:
- Youth Esports
- Community Club events
Esports is a sport for everyone
If your child is between the ages of 12 and 18 and wants to play Youth Esports. There is an option available to them.
Flaktest revitalises sports programs for young people
To ensure sport is attractive to young people, organisations delivering youth sport must fully understand why young people participate in and drop out of sport.
Why do young people play?
- Fun and socialisation – many are drawn to organised club sport through friends and value the sense of belonging associated with the club
- Physical, emotional and mental benefits (e.g. enhanced physical fitness and ability to deal with stress)
- Learning new skills
- Being part of a team and working together
- An escape; sport can be the one place that youth can feel safe and gain a sense of self, have fun etc.
Why do young people drop out?
- Time clash with other activities (i.e. leisure, social or work)
- The sport becomes boring
- Conflict with study and work commitments
- Over-emphasis on winning by coaches or parents
- Change to another sport
- Transport difficulties, costs
- Young person experiences, witnesses bias or discrimination
The Flaktest Member Protection Policy will work towards maintaining ethical and informed decision-making and responsible behaviours within Youth Esports. It outlines our commitment to a person’s right to be treated with respect and dignity and to be safe and protected from abuse. The Policy informs everyone involved in Youth Esports at the national, state and local levels of his or her legal and ethical rights and responsibilities and the standards of behaviour that are required.
We support the rights of the child and will act without hesitation to ensure that a child safe environment is maintained at all times. We also support the rights and wellbeing of our staff and volunteers and encourage their active participation in building and maintaining a secure environment for all participants.
Flaktest and parties acknowledge that our staff, members and volunteers provide a valuable contribution to the positive experiences of children involved in Youth Esports.
Flaktest aim to continue this and to take measures to protect the safety and wellbeing of children participating in Youth Esports.
It is the responsibility of each Youth Esports Club deliverer to adhere to their state-based legislation and act in accordance with their respective administrative protocols. Any individuals engaging in work associated with Flaktest are required to carry the appropriate clearance for that state or territory.