Welcome to the 3rd edition of the Teacher Rep Weekly newsletter. We’re getting close to the end of Term 1 and teams are now forming and beginning to prepare for a fantastic Term 2 season.
Just a friendly reminder of key dates:
- Term 2 Registration deadline – Friday, March 29th @ 10:00pm AWST
- There has been a soft deadline for students for March 22. Next Monday we will be completing the Match Fixtures for Term 2 and delivering them to schools sooner than April 4th (We want to make sure everyone gets a head start!)
- Team Nomination forms submitted – Tuesday, April 2nd @ 10:00pm AWST
- Term 2 Team fixtures released – Thursday, April 4th, 2019 @ 10:00am AWST
- Youth Esports Open Day – Saturday, April 13th, 2019 @ Curtin Stadium, 10:00AM – 2:00PM AWST
The player’s handbook
Flaktest has released “The player’s handbook” a free, on-demand course for club members and representatives. The handbook contains all the information players will need to know in preparation for the upcoming competitions. It also clarifies the tournament format and rules for all games that are available in Term 2.
The IT admin’s handbook
For schools looking to introduce esports into their school infrastructure, our IT admin’s handbook provides a detailed description of what IT managers and administrators need to know. From opening the correct port ranges to understanding the bandwidth requirements, it’s a great way to start a conversation with your IT Manager and get the ball rolling with hosting esports in your school.
As we’ve said above, the registration deadlines have been set for students for this Friday, the 22nd of March at 10pm. We encourage students to be proactive in finalising their documents as soon as possible. From there, we can send the correct information directly to you, as teacher representatives, so that you can check the role and make sure everyone in your club is correct. Please expect this email to arrive Tuesday next week.
And that’s a wrap for the week! Thank you again for being such amazing representatives and continuing to support the interests of your students.
The Flaktest Gaming team