We would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to Flaktest Gaming, and thank you for being a part of our community.
At Flaktest Gaming, we localise the global eSports and video game phenomenon to leverage personal and academic outcomes for young learners. This is done through Interschool eSports Tournaments and Community Events. Since 2015, Flaktest Gaming has helped hundreds of young people around Australia find purpose and meaning in their lives. This year, we are excited to announce the first national interschool eSports tournament in Australia, and we invite your school to be a part of history.
Season One will have a number of tournaments on offer for each school. You can find out more about the games here. The tournaments we are hosting include (dates subject to change with notice):
- Rocket League – February 25th to March 31st
- League of Legends – April 29th to September 24th
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive – May 6th to June 11th
- Overwatch: 23rd of July – September 10th
Each tournament will follow a Round-Robin Format in Group stages where each team will play each other team in the group at least twice. The winner of that group will then move forward to state knockout rounds, where from there the winners of each state will play to find the final two teams who will play in a grand final.
Each tournament will be held on “Match days” which occur during the weekend. From Saturday 12pm EST to ~4pm EST, teams will be scheduled to play against other teams on a weekly basis. We understand the importance of school time and therefore have moved all matches to the weekend to alleviate any interruptions.
All matches scheduled during “Match days” will occur online, giving the students the opportunity to play on their own machines. Although it is very common to play online with team mates in Flaktest Gaming competitions, we encourage students to meet together to play as a team. We are currently forming relationships with LAN cafes around Australia, and look to provide safe and secure locations for students across Australia to play together.
Flaktest Gaming Season One has opened registrations for students, teachers/schools, parents and community members. Students would love for you, as their teacher, to be interested in representing your students as a “Teacher Representative”. The role is more a mentor then a manager, and Flaktest Gaming will be with you as a supporter throughout your journey. This season, we are aiming to encourage students to create team roles that assist in scheduling and other matters, and learn to build self-management and decision making skills. As a “teacher representative” you would simply overseer the operations, and give some assistance where required.
To get started as a Teacher Representative for your school, we have put together a step-by-step process of what to do next following this welcome email. After reading these steps, if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Steps to signing up a team for your school:
- Make sure students interested in being part of a school team have registered as students on www.flaktest.com
- Inform us at Flaktest Gaming the tournaments the students/teams would like to sign up in.
- Flaktest Gaming will create School Teams on www.flaktest.com and assign you as the teacher representative as “Team Admin”
- Students are invited to teams according to the tournaments they have signed up to in Step 2.
- Complete the necessary permission slips (if required) for your school for the students involved.
- Students complete and hand in to you the Flaktest Gaming Permission Slip found here
- Scan and submit the Flaktest Gaming Permission Slip to email@example.com
- Organise a weekly meeting time for your new and awesome Interschool eSports team!
Thank you again for making the dreams of so many young people come true, and for believing in their passions. Flaktest Gaming cannot wait to see you and your school team in Season One. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.